This year, there’s a lot to be thankful for beyond the traditional holiday bird. Home buyers can be thankful for record-low mortgage rates. Sellers can be thankful for the possibility of getting more money in less listing time. Some homeowners are thankful for the housing recovery because it may alleviate underwater situations.
Tryptophan doesn’t seem to be slowing buyer and seller optimism.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending November 17:
- New Listings increased 11.4% to 1,046
- Pending Sales increased 9.8% to 843
- Inventory decreased 29.4% to 14,770
For the month of October:
- Median Sales Price increased 14.8% to $175,000
- Days on Market decreased 25.2% to 103
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.5% to 94.5%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 40.1% to 3.7