For Week Ending February 25, 2023
According to a recent National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index (HMI) survey, building material prices were the most significant issue for US homebuilders last year, with 96% of builders reporting that building material prices were a problem. Availability of building materials and cost and availability of labor also ranked among the largest problems builders faced in 2022, along with rising inflation and higher interest rates, both of which remain top concerns this year for the majority of builders surveyed.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING FEBRUARY 25:
- New Listings decreased 35.3% to 743
- Pending Sales decreased 23.5% to 744
- Inventory increased 15.1% to 5,735
FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY:
- Median Sales Price increased 2.7% to $342,000
- Days on Market increased 46.3% to 60
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 3.6% to 96.0%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 55.6% to 1.4
All comparisons are to 2022
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.